Yesterday European markets news pave the road for an EU recession in the second half of the year.
- Eurozone April final consumer confidence -22.0 vs -16.9 prelim
- Economic confidence 105.0 VS Prior 108.5; revised to 106.7
- Industrial confidence 7.9 VS or 10.4; revised to 9.0 (Heavy Hit)
- Services confidence 13.5 VS r 14.4; revised to 13.6
Euro area economic sentiment continues to fall further as the Russia-Ukraine conflict is not seems to stop.
Sales are also down in Germany, March retail sales -0.1% vs +0.3% m/m expected prior was 7.
Selling price expectations rose to an all-time high of 60.8 - up from 57.2 from (that is not good for inflation).
How we would expect to protect ourselves from this possible recession:
- Bought Precious Metals Silver & Gold (Yesterday we added some silver because was a good price)
- Bought Defensive Stocks like Gilead's, Philip Morris, Imperial Brands, TeamViewer
- Bought some REIT stocks
- Bought Energy Stocks like: CNQ, PBA, ALVOF (too late to act now on these areas)
- Bought some stocks exposed to Agricultural land & Soils like ALCO.
Fear is growing at Highest levels since 2008, just take a look on CNN Business FEARS picture above.
Our real time RIsk ON/OFF indicator.